Was I hacked or Flood Pinged?

Hello,

I was pecking away at some work on a workstation, when I noticed a high amount of activity on my hub, the lights were flashing like crazy, and I wandered what the heck was going on.  I was SSH'ed into my RedHat 6.2 box, where all of the traffic was coming or going, so I did a ps auxwww and got the usual stuff and:

root      1649 20.5  1.6  1292   500  p0 R   00:03   0:22 ping -f -s 65000 130.34.73.2

So I thought that someone must be trying to flood ping me or something, so my immediate reaction was to do a killall ping, which I did, but now it looks like it may fave been trying to flood ping the IP address of 130.34.73.2. I have checked all of the logs in /var/log/, and haven't found anything out of the ordinary, and checked the apache log files, nothing there either... I just don't know if I was being flood pinged, or if someone hacked into my box and was trying to flood ping the 130... IP, (which I did went to ipidentify.com and found out that it is an IP of some University in Japan).

Does anyone have a clue on how that command could've been exicuted? I am the only one with a logon onto the box, and I have OpenSSH restricted to only certain IP's here @ my house.  It is a RH 6.2 box with Apache 1.3.12, OpenSSH, and QMail. I have ICMP replies disabled in /etc/sysctl.conf (net.ipv4.icmp_echo_ignore_all=1). And I just don't know what happened, no one else was logged into my box besides me (as root), and I have telnet, and the other ports that aren't used disabled, and no files were altered or anything, I would just like to know what happened exactly, and how to prevent it in the future.

I am a newbie and appreciate any help you could provide me with...

Thank you for your time,
Ken