Supporting multiple incoming internet connections

I am having trouble supporting both a DSL circuit and a PPP connection on
my router.

To start, I have a 24x7 PPP connection (ppp0) and route to my internal net
over ethernet (eth1).  The firewall is up and happy using ipchains.  I do
support incoming connections for a number of services and have 4 domains
supported on my web server.

FINALLY DSL becomes available in my town (No other high speed options shy
of T1 exist).  I connect the DSL through eth0 and make no immediate changes
to my routing policies.  I can ping out to the DSL default gateway, but
that is the limit of what I can do.  If I try and any incoming connections
through the DSL connection, they disappear into never never land.

I can of course change my default route from the PPP connection to the DSL
connection and then DSL is dandy and nothing working coming in through the
PPP connection.

tcpdump shows packets arrive, but no attempt to send responses goes out any
of the interfaces.

If I try to make an incoming connection that my ipchains rules refuses,
this is correctly logged, so it is clear the packets are arriving.

How do I support incoming connections on BOTH interfaces while having a
default for all out going connections be just one of the interfaces?

Thanks,

-rwd

-