Re: [VLAN] VLAN setting and priority setting in the application process ?

Dheeren Bebortha wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I am new to the world of VLAN tagging. Assuming, there are patches
 > available for processing VLAN tagging at the driver level, how do I set
 > the priority while sending a message ? I saw some refrences to setting
 > skb->priority in some of the discussions. I could not understand how
 > exactly a user request maps into this parameter in the skb and how does
 > that get mapped in VLAN layer over ethernet. Any help in the area will
 > be appreciated.
 >
 > Thanks in advance.
 >
 > -Dheeren (dheeren@nayna.com)

The VLAN patches allow you to map a skb->priority into a VLAN priority.
So, all you have to do is figure out how to map your process into a
skb->priority.  I haven't ever tried that, but I'm pretty sure it's
an IOCTL option that you can set on a socket.  There may be some more
general ways to affect priority too...

Hopefully, someone on the linux-net group has a better idea...

Ben

--
Ben Greear (greearb@candelatech.com)  http://www.candelatech.com
Author of ScryMUD:  scry.wanfear.com 4444        (Released under GPL)