Re: Source Address Autoselection (Sort of Long)

Hello!

> > 1. Configure it on loopback.
>
> How would this work?

Try.

> > 2. Or configure alias on Wan0 with address, which you desire to use
> >    and route to internet through this alias.
>
> I don't think this solves the problem that packets originating from that
> host are assigned the address of the Wan0 interface.

Do not think too much, just try. 8)

You need not this address at all, all that you need is that
router responded to provider's router. You need not have this
address on Wan0. Both solutions, with alias on loopback and alias on Wan0
will work.

> > 3. Or set link scope on this address with
> >    ip addr add <bad address> scope link dev Wan0
> >    then it will be used only to communicate to provider.
>
> I really don't understand this at all. How does one set the link scope?

I wrote command to do this, by the way.
It is not worth to be bothered, before you tested 1 and/or 2.

Alexey
-