RE: Random routes, possible?

Title: RE: Random routes, possible?

I tried this yesterday, and found that a ping test resulted in echo requests leaving via one path, and the replies coming back via the other.  Repeated tests never swapped the order, or mixed the flows (ie: requests were always sent via the same path and ditto for replies) Is that what you referred to by "route balancing" or should I have seen different results?

Essentially, I'd like to have something along the order of: "I have a 10mbps traffic stream entering a router.  I want two 5mbps (approximately) streams leaving the router for the next hop.  If there are three paths, then allocate approximately 33% of the total traffic to each path, and so on."

Cheers!
Jon