Re: Samba and nmbd

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Toby Russell wrote:

> next day my Samba network worked not, straight away after boot, and I had
> changed not a thing. Pinging is cool, my workgroup is visible but

You changed the not having spent X hours to get it to work part.

Run testparm, that will try to tell you if the config error is in the
smb.conf. Check the DIAGNOSIS.txt, check the online docs at www.samba.org
(pick a mirror).

Verify your entries in /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf. The
UNIX_INSTALL.txt describes this (It's in the samba sources, have no idea
what Corel includes).

If everything fails you can probably find more people that know samba on
the samba@samba.org mailinglist (http://lists.samba.org/) than you can
here.

I have never run samba from inetd, always as standalone daemons. It may be
easier to debug the problem if you do that (eliminates the posibility of
inetd misconfig).

/Urban

-