Re: [dns issues]

Actually that will not help much. The best way to solve this is to use
your /etc/hosts file because telnet checks this first before it checks the
DNS. so having entries in your hosts file for the machines from which you
telnet or do FTP will solve the rpoblem of course this assumes that your
host.conf file says
order hosts,bind