monitoring T2 line and pool of modems

Hi folks.
I am working for a telecom company who wants to migrate to linux for
some server functionnality (ie portal software for example (apache
server + corba stuff ).

Well i am searching some open source product who handles the
communication layer with T2 lines and handle a pool of modems : this
means the lines are allocated to some customer connection following lot
of strategy. I think ISP are using  this kind of stuff. I need first an
open source product (IT customer are discovering the power of opens
source :-)) )  which allows me to build the whole application and test
the architecture of the prototype. After this learning curve step, i
will be possible to wrapp this kind of API and have connector to the
software of ISP.

I will post this question to the java-linux mailing list too because Sun
had published a Java Telephony API but now it's time to find the
implementation layer ;-).

Thanks in advance.
What i can say that such a project couldn't exist some years ago and
thanks for all the linux community and in the large the open source
community who allow me by their works to have fun not only at home but
at work too :-))

JM Strauss

-