Re: Mail servers

I think the reason I took long to look at this one is its length please
try to be as brief as possible next time.

> Hi,
>     I have already posted this question once, sorry for posting this again. As i am strucked up at this piont in our network design it would be great if any body could give me quick suggestion.
>
>  if it is internal mail like something@aaa.xxx.com it should go to mail server aaa.xxx.com and deliver the mail.
> and if it is external mail like something@yahoo.com it should go to our external mail server xxx.com and go out with the from address as y@xxx.com even if it is sent from y@aaa.xxx.com. the external mail server should take take care of stripping off aaa from y@aaa.xxx.com.
> What is the simple way bto achieve this. Please any on help me.

Simple on the external mail server edit sendmail.cf the line that says
#who I masquerade as
DMxxx.com
Then edit sendmail.cf on the local machine and edit the line that reads
#smart relay host
DSsmtp:xxx.com
and make sure you have the ip and name of xxx.com in the hosts file of the
local machine. Or you have DNS and can resolve the ip and name of xxx.com.
by default the local machien will recognize that an e-mail is to a local
user and will not send it out.

 Noah
ksemat@eahd.or.ug

-