Re: send and receive mail

You have many options one is to pop it from the remote mailserver i.e
something like you have a file called .fecthmailrc in your home directory
that looks like this
poll remote.mail.server protocol pop3 nodns
localdomains remote.mail.server hostname.of.yourmachine
user yourusername pass password to
root
*
here
that should do the trick. you then run chmod 0710 .fetchmailrc and run the
command
fetchmail -va from the command prompt.
Another way is if they have ssh and allow you to login via ssh then you
can down load ssh from http://www.ssh.org configure it and use it to login
to them.
There are many other alternantives including IMAP for example if they
don't provide pop3 but do imap you can change the protocol line above to
imap.

> hi all,
>
> I want to send and receive mails in a remote mail server(I
> register a free mailbox). The remote server don't supply
> "telnet" serve, so I can not send/receive my mails through
> "telnet". how can I do it in linux.
>
> I am using redhat, version of its kernel is 2.2.2.
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> F.L
> legendman@263.net
>
> -
> : send the line "unsubscribe linux-net" in

 Noah
ksemat@eahd.or.ug

-