Re: problem determing the protocol number for IPCP

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000 22:01:11 GMT,
tech_related@ip.pt wrote:
>I am sure that all the RFC gurus out there are going to laugh at this, but I really can't find the official protocol number
>for IPCP; can anyone help me?

IPCP is done only between the PPP server and the PPP client, IPCP data
is exchanged using PPP control packets.  It occurs before IP packets
even start flowing and is at a level below the IP stack.

ipchains has nothing to do with IPCP.  If PPP reports the link as
successful but ifconfig does not show the link is up, suspect your PPP
client or the post processing scripts.

-