Mail delivery

Hi List,
       We have a network setup like the following
1. Our two offices one at SJ (USA),second at Hyderabad (India) are
connected trhough a point to point Framerelay PVC. and we will be
connecting lans (private) at each office trhough this line.
2. We will be having our Internet services provided at our SJ office and
all our publicly( Public ipaddresses) accessible servers like
DNS,MAIL,Firewall,VPNGW, etc would be at SJ connected to the router going
to ISP.
3. We will be going to the internet thru the NAT box placed at our SJ.

Now, If i want to have DNS,mail servers at our HB with private ip
addresses i have the following doubts.
1. supposing, Mail-server at is foo.com which is in public domain.
2. Mail server at HB is ind.foo.com which is in private lan.
It is obvious that foo.com could recieve mails from out side domains.
but ind.foo.com can not recieve mails from our side domains but can send
mails to out domain as it is.
mail transfer between within the people at HB is confined to LAN at HB
itself,thus reducing the traffic on link.
to achieve this i want to have accounts for people HB on ind.foo.com and
also psuedo accounts on foo.com which will have alises like
user x on foo.com
user x on ind.foo.com
foo.com mail server alias file looks like this
x: x@ind.foo.com
with this i can send mails from ind.foo.com to out side domains and also
recieve mails with addresses x@foo.com to x@ind.foo.com but what happens
is if i send mail from x@ind.foo.com to out side domain but if replies to
this message i.e x@ind.foo.com it doesnot get on to ind.foo.com mail
server as this server is in private lan.
to over come this i want mails going from x@ind.foo.com to go as x@foo.com
so even if a recepient simply replies it will come to x@foo.com there it
finds alias as x@ind.foo.com and finally it comes to x@ind.foo.com.
For think i have to do something on sendmail configuration file sitting on
foo.com mail server, what exaclty do i need to do. Please help me.

Is this approach fine, or is there any other better way to do this.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers
Sreenivas M