RE: Routing performance monitoring

I had a similar experience.  I was running 2.2.14 on a PIII-600, using FastE
NICs, and using ttcp and netperf between machines on both sides of the linux
router.  I was able to push wire speeds, but that was only at MTU-sized
packets.

When I used small UDP packets, the router started choking on 40Kpps.
Unfortunately, the testing tools overloaded the Linux router, and I had to
abandon the test for the sake of my own sanity.

----
Dani Roisman
droisman@station.sony.com

-