Re: Corruped NAND booting for all devices

On 2/5/20 2:43 AM, JH wrote:
It is a bad day we have 5 devices failed NAND booting all of certain
today. The 5 devices running kernel 4.19.75 on iMX6ULL customized
board, the devices had been running for weeks, the device DC power is
supplied from AC via ADC and regulator, we turned power on and off
several times when installing those test devices to test boxes in the
last couple of days without problems, then they all failed together
mysteriously today. It could not complete the booting to Linux user
space, so I am not able to log into the user space to check and to
debug it.

[    5.915558] UBIFS (ubi0:0): recovery needed
[    6.777033] UBIFS (ubi0:0): recovery deferred
[    6.782640] UBIFS (ubi0:0): UBIFS: mounted UBI device 0, volume 0,
name "rootfs_data", R/O mode

[FAILED] Failed to mount /var/volatile.
See 'systemctl status var-volatile.mount' for details.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Bind mount volatile /var/cache.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Bind mount volatile /srv.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Bind mount volatile /var/spool.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Bind mount volatile /var/lib.

At first sight, it looks you have a read-only ubifs filesystem, with an overlay filesystem backed by another read-write ubifs filesystem? And that read-write filesystem fails to mount after a power failure?

In that case, this sounds very similar to the problem I reported last week:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2020-January/093542.html

Jef