Re: ubifs_check_node: bad CRC

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 9:28 AM Mickael Chazaux
<mickael.chazaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > That easy?
> > Hmm, sounds a bit like a bug in your NAND driver. Did you test it?
> >

> Sorry, I meant : the "nand-image.img" file is coming from a corrupted device.
> I ran the mtd_* kernel module tests yesterday. All seems good, but the torture test
> is not yet finished (see below).

Ahh, now it makes more sense.

> The problem occured in the field on several devices, and I cannot reproduce it
> in the lab.

It sounds a bit like a memory corruption.

> > Please also disable compression in UBIFS, then the read back data maybe gives
> > you a hint what went wrong.
>
> In the corrupted node I see data from syslog. This system is a bit different
> than the others we usually make, as there are more power cuts and more log writes.

Hmm. Power cuts or many writes should not trigger such a corruption.
I'd expect ECC errors or data structure errors in UBIFS. But not a good ECC
with bad UBIFS data CRC.

But with only one sample it is almost impossible to figure...

--
Thanks,
//richard