VIRTIO iface in mtd

Hello,

recently I have spoken with Boris regarding new MTD driver
that will use VIRTIO interface to communicate with Qemu.
To specify how should this look like exactly I am bringing the topic
on ML.
My understanding is that this driver will use VIRTIO to communicate
with Qemu. From Qemu side at the end there will be a file that will
simulate NAND/NOR. Is it correct?
What use cases do you have in mind for this?

Bast regards,
Marcin