Re: Trouble with new marvell_nand driver on PXA3xx

Hi Miquel,

On 24/9/2018 9:20 AM, Miquel Raynal wrote:
Daniel Mack <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Mon, 24 Sep 2018 08:45:44 +0200:
I'm having issues using the new marvell_nand driver on a PXA3xx
based platform. My test does a ubiformat on the chip, then creates
a volume, mounts it and runs bonnie++ on the file system. After
some time (usually less than half a minute), the driver spits out a
warning like the one below, and eventually the UBI layer bails out,
which leads to a r/o remount and (possibly) file system
corruptions.

[...]

Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

Right now I have no idea of what happens, but you might want to add
a dump_stack() at the "Timeout waiting for RB signal" error to see
what path in the driver failed.

Sure, will do that tonight.

You might also try with and without DMA?

I did that, and disabling DMA didn't help.

I'll try to take the time this week to check if it is pxa-related by testing this on an armada board.

That'd help, yes.

Thanks,
Daniel