Re: DOSEMU fails on start with SIGSEGV...

> From: stsp <stsp2@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Jul 30, 2023, 7:02:05 PM
> To: Zeni Junker <zeni.junker445@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <linux-msdos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: DOSEMU fails on start with SIGSEGV...
>

> 30.07.2023 17:41, Zeni Junker пишет:
> > I'm running Gentoo ( if that matters)
> > I've tried with version 1.4.0 and latest from git repo and the result is the same.
> > Also, it fails the same way whether I start it as a root or ordinary user ( I've added lines for both in dosemu.usrs file: "username/root c_all" ).

<SNIP>

> > So, my question is, am I missing something ?
> Some googling, as usual.
> It would give you this dosemu2 ebuild:
>
> https://gpo.zugaina.org/app-emulation/dosemu2/RDep
>
> Or an 1.4.0.8 update for dosemu1.
> Good that you've found your own solution
> and got a 20-years-old software working,
> but you certainly could do it otherwise.

True. I've found dosemu2 page, but it looked as an alternative, somewhat experimental fork .
Also, portage tree doesn't have dosemu2, just dosemu1, so I've surmised that dosemu should work and
I remember using it years ago.

I've also asked on Gentoo infra and got a meak, but positive response that dosemu should work.

I'll try dosemu2, but in the end, it's nice to know that I could get to a working solution by myself.
It also didn't hurt to refresh my basic gdb skills.

TIA.

--
Sent with https://mailfence.com
Secure and private email