SoundBlaster drivers

I'm trying to install SoundBlaster drivers inside the DOSEMU emulation.

I presume this has been possible for someone, because in the README it
says:

9.3. VxD support

   By the time of writing this, DOSEMU does not have support for Windows
   ring-0 device drivers (.vxd, .386). Fortunately, most of Windows 3.1
   drivers are ring-3 ones (.drv), so you can easily install the Sound
   Blaster drivers, for instance. This is not the case with Windows 3.11.

It talks about using them in Windows 3.1, which I would like to do when
all this is working, but for now, the driver installer I'm using runs
from straight DOS, so the problem I'm having is not a Windows problem.

I've run into these two problems with the DOS installer I have:

First, it was telling me C: was a "network drive," which I presumed was
because the emulated C: drive was really a Linux subdirectory whose size
and properties couldn't be probed.

So I fixed that problem by doing the install from a 250MB hardfile
created with mkfatimage16, with DOS and Windows 3.1 installed on it, and
it no longer complains about C: being a network drive.  But now the
second problem I'm now having is it gets a little farther into the
install, and now it just freezes without finishing (and with no errors
explaining why).

Does anyone have any advice, or links to a version of the SoundBlaster
drivers that is known to be installable in DOSEMU?  I'd like to get
sound and if possible MIDI working in Windows 3.1.  MIDI is already
working for me in bare DOS for programs that write directly to 0x330,
but I'll need a driver to get that support for Windows programs.

--
		+ "The introduction of a new kind of music must