Re: FOSDEM talk next week

Hi, Bart.

I have been using (and absolutely depending on) dosemu/freedos for
more than 15 years. I use a DOS CADD program called Generic Cadd
for the design of electronics and astronomical instruments, which
I started using probably 30 years ago. I now run 64-bit Fedora
or Ubuntu on all my machines, and run DosEmu on a 32-bit
Ubuntu virtual machine because I need the speed; the emulator
on 64-bit machines is just too slow, and the display code
did not work properly with GCadd for many years, though that
was fixed a few years ago.

I have never thanked you and Stas properly for the years of
work on the code, so please accept that thanks now.

Jim Gunn
Professor, Astrophysics (emeritus)
Princeton University