Re: ubuntu debs?

10.09.2016 03:36, Frederic Herman пишет:
It would be big plus for dosemu2 to have a deb package. I was able to grunt my through to build it for a64-bit linuxmint machine. The biggest problem is trying to figure out build failures due to dependencies for the average end user.
If this is the case then we have bugs in configure
scripts. They should check things and either error
out or disable the functionality. In either case the
user should be free of troubles, but if you get the
compilation error, please fill the issue ticket.

The other problem for a tech-challenged end user is to get the freedos software integrated since it doesn't already come with the dosemu2 source.
Yes, this is the biggest problem of dosemu2 in fact.
There is some work at solving this, but its not quite
there yet, and it is very slowly progressing. You can
watch it here:
https://github.com/stsp/dosemu2/issues/93
But you can still use dosemu-freedos-1.0-bin.tgz
from dosemu1 and that will work with dosemu2.

On the positive side, my old dos accounting package now works fine on a 64-bit machine, where for the old dosemu, I could never get it to work except for 32-bit machine.
pre6 has KVM enabled by default on 64bit machines.
Did your program work on pre5 too?
You can try to disable kvm with
$_cpu_vm = "emulated"
and see if it still works.