Re: UPX or not UPX FreeDOS programs/TSRs?

I don't know how it works in DOS, but if it creates a temporary file to decompress and then executes that temporary file, then you have an additional disk write per program executed and also some more cache misses, so, in that case I think is preferable to not use that compression since it will be slower and as you say, the space reductions aren't needed today. But if it decompresses in RAM and executes directly the decompressed executable in RAM without touching the disk, then why not?
    Thank you!!! Have a nice day.