Re: piping escape into dosemu

Hi Mike,

> From: Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> $ man echo
>
> [...]
>
>       -e     enable   interpretation  of  the  backslash-escaped
> characters
>              listed below

sorry if I totally misinterpret your post, but I think I do *not* want
to enable the escaped characters because the keystroke command
obviously expects to read the escape sequence, not the ascii value
that results from it.  Otherwise you would for example not be able to
send a carriage return, i.e.

  echo "keystroke \r" > dospipe

results in a carriage return in dosemu while

  echo -e "keystroke \r" > dospipe

does not.

I'm just using echo here because it's easily reproducible by everyone.
 I'm successfully using Ruby to remote control dosemu, but I can't
pipe the escape key for the named reasons, neither through echo nor
Ruby or whatever I may chose.  Maybe there is a syntax that allows me
to pipe ASCII codes (e.g. 27 or hex 1B or octal 033 for the escape
key) into Dosemu, but I can't find it anywhere.  The readme says
something about \^[:

    \^x    <Ctrl>x, where X is one of the usual C,M,L,[ ...
           (e.g.: \^[ == <Ctrl>[ == ESC )

but I don't have luck with this.  I tried several escape sequences
that could possibly be used, like \0x1B, \x1B, \033, \0033, still
nothing.  What am I missing??

Thomas W.