Re: DOSEmu has crashed while calling INT 3!

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:30:36 +0200
?????? ???????? <vargulin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> DOSEmu has crashed while calling the Int 3! I running the Borland Turbo
> Pascal 7.0 and so, while I press F7 for debugging program, DOSEmu (I
> have DOSEmu 1.4 in Ubuntu Linux 9.10), DOSEmu has crashed momentally! I
> write in assembler tiny program with commands INT 3 and INT 20, they,
> when calling this program, DOSEmu is crashed! Please fix these bug!

I'm not sure if you are aware that you first have to install an interrupt
handler in vector 3 before executing INT 3. The debugging mechanism (such
as DEBUG does) is to replace the next instruction to be executed by an
INT 3, just before executing the program, and then swap it back to the
previous opcode. g123,234,345 installs INT3s in 234 and 345 (temporarily)

But before that, DEBUG installs a pointer at the vector location pointing
to a routine which knows how to handle it. You should too, in you tiny
assembler program.

If, using TP 7, and using F7, you have a crash, then look at the code you
are executing. It's unlikely to be DOSEMU's fault. I've used F7 many
times.

John