thanks for your help, on the list and off... I just wanted to post the
solution in case anyone else runs into that issue.
Things I knew beforehand, just reinterating for archives sake:
- Foxpro 2.6/DOS will not run from a mounted SMB share
- Foxpro will run very poorly on 8MB if it has to deal with huge
databases. Try 64MB or more.
- Setting Dosemu as login shell works (just in case anyone else wants to
This here was new to me:
- Somehow, file locking doesn't work as expected if Foxpro (executable
or it's .app/db files) are on a mounted FAT32 or NTFS partition.
- Foxpro WILL work on a mounted sshfs partition. Haven't tried NFS, so
no idea on that.
The FAT32 was my problem. I hadn't even realized that this drive was
FAT32, it had always been there as long as I worked here. I just never
bothered to check the type... :)
Thanks to all who helped, and hooray for Dosemu!
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-msdos" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html