Re: Status Update : Deployment of DOSEMU Application Server

Ther is only one topic that I can answer:

Shaw Tong Tan escreveu:

5.  One printing downside is CUPS printer do not tolerate long downtime,  Example: let say remote client printed some pages in application but failed to put papers in the printer, and nobody care to fix it.  After some failed attempts, CUPS daemon noted the problematic status and stop the printer.  When remote user later attempt to print again, the printing will have problem because the printer has been stopped on the CUPS side.  Admin basically have to access CUPS page to clear jobs and restart the printer.  A potential hassle for remote office with a lot of novice users and no onsite IT support, complaining about random failed printing.

Normaly Dosemu (in my setup) sends a print file do a script. This happens whenever it (dosemu) decides to flush the spool.

So it would be possible to workaround any problem inside this script.

AAMOF, I never have problem with printers out of paper, whenever I insert paper it starts printing again :)

Alain