Re: Status Update : Deployment of DOSEMU Application Server

I am doing the *EXACT* thing as Shaw, note that there is also an
"Option C" which is just share the files over the VPN... which is
slow, that is what we were doing hence the need to find a "better"
solution. The author of the software says to use "Option B" ... why
use a graphics remote access (RDC) to a text program? Its more of the
same issue as the original, what about for users on dialup or using
wireless (GSM and CDMA) access... SSH will work better Also "option d"
use cygwin (for SSH-server) or the MS telnet server, neither work
right and telnet is insecure.

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Alain M. <alainm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What I don't know:
> 1) if clipper locking is working with dosemu+freedos, you can test that
> easyly on a single machine

Is there a generic answer to this? Because I can not get the locking
working right. What is odd that under openSUSE 10.3 where I did my
initial testing it did but under openSUSE 11.0 it did not. And I don't
use seLINUX or AppArmour. So the people in the office still use the
same way they were using before (Net use x: \\server\\share) to run it
locally. For the time being it is "ok" not to have the locking working
right.