Re: Printing via TTY

I *think* the program is a clipper program (or maybe DBase, who
knows?) but it was sending output to the screen between pages.

I've fully "solved" the issue by putting the print documents in a
queue and sending them to print when the program exits. I'm running
dosemu on a remote system vis SSH. The user authenticates via key and
putty sends a command to execute the program (going from local
execution on the user's windows pc to remote execution... this keeps
the user's experience the same, they had 4-5 icons to load programs
before and that stays.. click the new icon and the app loads up)

Here are the scripts I am using for this. I'm posting them because I
had a hard time trying to find a solution for this.

Printer Script:
#!/bin/bash
TMPFILE=`mktemp ~/printjobs/dfprint.XXXXXXXXXX` || exit 1
cat "$@" >> $TMPFILE

Load Program Script:
#!/bin/sh
dosemu -E arextb
reset
echo Processing Print Queue...
directory=~/printjobs/
for file in $( ls $directory )
do
sleep 1
printf "\033[5i"
cat $directory$file
printf "\033[4i"
sleep 1
rm $directory$file
done
exit

It's not totally 100% ideal but since the printing works just as it
does from DOS/Windows and the other solution was to either tunnel
ports or use VPN for printing, this is so much better since there's
less to manager. I'd say I'm 80% where I want to be... since I don't
want to track down the developer and ask for changes of a DOS app that
says "Copyright 1988"

Now is there a way to set per-user printer settings in dosemu? There
are two types of users: local and remote. The remote users will use
this printing via-ssh setup. The local users dosemu should be sending
the print jobs to a normal printer but right now LPT1: is configured
globally for all users.