Re: Dosemu serial port problem

Horváth András wrote:

There is a hardware that needs to talk to a dos program running inside
dosemu through the com (serial) ports. This is a telephone register
program. The serial cable is connected to COM1 and the
/etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf is setup with $_com1 = /dev/ttyS0 (ttyS0 exists
in the dev folder).

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Though i worked ONLY ONCE! :) The
developer of this particular dos program checked the serial port with
another dos program that tests if it works, and it did. Only in this
Telephone register program it doesn't work.

Could anyone point me out to the right direction or forum to ask for
help, or give me any ideas?

Try the same program with dosbox    http://www.dosbox.com/

I have found dosbox to have much better serial port control than dosemu.
For example, on one program I have, dosemu hangs trying to access the serial port, but dosbox works fine with it. On closer inspection, I discovered that dosemu tends to work ok with dos programs that use the serial fifo. For dos programs that do not use the fifo, dosemu fails.

Kind Regards

James