Dosemu serial port problem

Hi,

I'm having a problem regarding Dosemu. I had been searching on the net
but found nothing appropriate.

There is a hardware that needs to talk to a dos program running inside
dosemu through the com (serial) ports. This is a telephone register
program. The serial cable is connected to COM1 and the
/etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf is setup with $_com1 = /dev/ttyS0 (ttyS0 exists
in the dev folder).

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Though i worked ONLY ONCE! :) The
developer of this particular dos program checked the serial port with
another dos program that tests if it works, and it did. Only in this
Telephone register program it doesn't work.

Could anyone point me out to the right direction or forum to ask for
help, or give me any ideas?

Even tried to create a lock directory and set up $_ttylocks, even tried
to run dosemu as root, but nothing.

My system: Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 with dosemu v1.4.0.0

Thank You in advance for any help-
Andras Horvath