Re: preventing window manager from grabbing Alt+Fn in dosemu

Thank you for that suggestion.  That works of course (no window manager any more in fulscreen mode).  However fullscreen mode sometimes causes that a part of the screen (a kind of menu at the bottom, a bit like in Norton Commander, only drawn as "real" graphics) is not drawn.  If I go back to window mode, this part is still not drawn, but if I enter fullscreen mode again, the menu reappears.  This is probably due to how the DOS program is written.  Comparable (but slightly different) problems occur with Dosbox, only they can not be circumvented.  Dosemu only has them if I switch to fullscreen mode (up to now) and the DOS program is also more stable in Dosemu.

Fullscreen mode has some more disadvantages:  I frequently switch between different applications, and this takes a lot of time from fulscreen mode because the screen resolution has to be changed every time.  The same happens *within* the program in fullscreen mode because it sometimes changes from graphics mode to plain text mode, which also causes the screen to turn black for a few seconds.

So I'm really hoping I can get the Alt+Fn issue fixed.  Are the -k switch and/or the $_rawkeyboard entry in the dosbox.conf meant to fix it and it's simply a bug that it does not work?  If so, then I should probably give compiling from a subversion checkout a try.  (Sigh, I hate doing that myself - I frequently fail...)

Thanks for the help

Thomas W.