Re: preventing window manager from grabbing Alt+Fn in dosemu

x.zupftom@xxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

I've been searching the archives, but it has not become entirely clear to me whether it's at all possible to prevent the window manager from grabbing Alt+Fn key combinations.  I've included $_rawkeyboard = (1) in my dosemu.conf file, tried the -k and -s switches, but neither Gnome or KDE (metacity or kwin respectively) nor Fluxbox will leave e.g Alt+F4 to Dosemu.  Using Ctrl+Alt+Home for mouse grab mode did not prevent the window to be closed on pressing Alt+F4 either.

Did I miss something or is it simply impossible to bypass the window manager for these key combos?  Dosbox *can* do it (when the mouse is trapped), so Dosemu should hopefully be able to do so, too.  (Dosbox does not work with the program I want to run for other reasons, so switching to Dosbox is not an option.)

By the way, I'm running Dosemu 1.4.0.0 on Ubuntu Hardy/AMD64.

In fullscreen-mode (CTRL-ALT-F) that should work.

Reinhard