using vga fonts from later version in earlier version

I have successfully installed dosemu to run on the Asus eee pc 701 (http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=24), but only the available version of 1.2.2.

I cannot install the deb file for dosemu 1.4, and to compile from source appears to require too much additional software some of which is not available from the repositories provided (or are the wrong version).

The reason for this post: Is it possible to add the larger range of vga fonts that come with 1.4 to 1.2.2 and to use them under 1.2.2 and what would be the correct steps to do (ie what files do I need to configure for them to be recognised by version 1.2.2 (other than adding the appropriate entry in .dosemurc), and where should they be placed?

I would be very grateful for help with this issue.

Victor Warner.