Re: windows 3.1 in dosemu-1.4.0

趙忠明 a écrit :
Dear Robert
Do you mean all DOS program and windows 3.1 can't use resolution beyond 800x600 to draw anything in Dosemu?
      if so,maybe this is a bug.
      my on board vga is Intel 82865G,and I have one Nvidia GeForce 6200,
I had try just using former or disable it in BIOS then insert the latter in AGP slot. Does some graphic memory block have been shift ? Do you see my configure file and find something wrong? Thanks
I think that your configure file is correct (at least, not clearly wrong).
It just happens that either dosemu or the Win 3.1 SVGA driver can't access more than 256K of video memory, and this is what you reach at 800x600, with 16 colors. Going further (under DOS) needs special bankswitching techniques which seem unimplemented in dosemu 1.4.0 and/or the SVGA driver of Win 3.1.
Anyway, do you REALLY need hi-res with your Win 3.1 programs ?
If you really need to launch many programs at the same time, you can launch various instances of xdosemu and Win 3.1 at the same time ; they'll use different windows, of course. Just open a terminal, launch xdosemu this way :
$ xdosemu &
(type Enter)
and another dosemu:
$ xdosemu
You get two xdos windows, and you can launch Win 3.1 from each one.
Sincerely,
Robert

-