How to show one line info in dosemu

Dear all,

I would like to show simple one-line info based on information from another
linux process in dosemu. There is running one older DOS application in Dosemu
(in xdosemu, fullscreen mode).

I need your suggestion, how to show this information. The simplest idea is to
write a small TSR (Terminate and Stay Resident) program, that will regularly
check a file - for example C:\from_lin.txt - and if a new line is present, it
will show it on the top of the screen. Needed info will be written to this
file by my linux process.

Do you have any other idea, how to do it?

Regards,
Ok
-