Mark Williams C compiler

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I have been running dosemu 1.0.0 (old, I know!) forever on this old
machine here at my office. I have several old programs which were
written years ago to be compiled with Mark Williams "Let's C"
compiler. They seem to compile fine under dosemu.

Now I am fixing up a new machine to upgrade this one. I downloaded the
newest dosemu, with freedos. Seems to run just fine, however when I
try to compile anything with "Let's C" I get:

  Nope REP F3,CSP=0x00a5
  ERROR: general protection at 0x101218:f3

I definitely need to get this stuff migrated soon. Is the fault that I
am using freedos instead of a real dos? Perhaps I can find the old dos
disks and make a dedicated partition or drive for them in the new
machine. Can I just copy this old DOS off of the hard-drive and it
will run? I use DOS so rarely, I can't remember this stuff. But every
year (these are tax preparation programs I wrote for this office) I
need to kick my dos brain back in gear for a week or so to do
upgrades. I'm okay for this year, but I can hear this hard-drive
starting to go out (after only 12 years!) and so if anyone can point
me down the proper path, I would appreciate it.

Scott Swanson
-