Re: Slow dosemu printing

On 4/26/07, Linos <info@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello, i am using dosemu 1.3.4.0 and freedos to use an internal clipper
application in my point of sale systems, all works ok but barcode
printing, well it is not barcode problems, it works very well sending
raw format to the printer, the problem it is that when i send many
prints it is very slow, it takes a long time between prints (about 10
seconds) so if you have to print thousands of barcodes it is too slow
[...]
helps, i have tried to using this like print command $_lpt1 = "cat - >
/dev/lp0" to try to know if it is a cups problem,

In principle, what the DOSEMU printer driver does is to use line
buffering (flushes every CR/LF) and if it has been inactive for a
while (timeout seconds) it will close the pipe. I'm wondering what the
output is, perhaps there are no CR/LF's?

$_ports = " device /dev/lp0 fast range 0x378 0x37a"
$_irqpassing = "7"

parport0 have this configuration in my test machine, and launched dosemu
with "dosemu -s" like root, but i dont know how to disable the use of
printers commands, it keeps trying printing redirection, if i comment
the $_lpt# lines it simply assumes defaults one so i can not disable,

In principle the $_ports line overrides the $_lpt configuration.
Normally anything that goes to port 0x378 - 0x37a is intercepted and
processed by $_lpt1, but if you use $_ports it's not intercepted and
goes straight to the hardware.

But please send a log of
dosemu -s -D+ip -o log
perhaps something goes wrong.