Re: A dos character problem

Hello, Bart!

You wrote:
>> Is there other things to try?
>
> Yes, run
> dosemu -D+v
> and send the contents of ~/.dosemu/boot.log
> it contains the DOS to Linux character set translation table.

Please find it attached.

> There could also be a problem with BRLTTY and the box drawing
> characters... we may be able to work around that but first please
> check the output of the program below (save as line.c, compile using
> gcc -lncurses line.c -o line, run as ./line)

This is really strange: On the system with Dosemu installed (which is
a laptop), it displays question mark. On another system which should
be exactly the same regarding console font and character set (it's a
desktop), the character is displayed as if I type the character inside
emacs for instance. This other system has not Dosemu installed. The
output from ./line on the Dosemu system is as follows:

[root@lap ~]# ./line
Terminal supports PC charset mode
Vertical bar:
Terminal supports alternate charset mode
Vertical bar:
[root@lap ~]# setterm  -dump

However, if I enter alt-179 on the command line, I get this character:
'³'. On the other system if I do ./line, this character is displayed
as '³', although the other info from the program is exactly the same.

Thank you for trying to help!

Lars