Applications invisible under Dosemu/Ubuntu

Hi,

After some adventures, I managed to install dosemu on my Ubuntu 6.06 GNU/Linux (https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/dosemu-freedos/+bug/56778 It's not the usual package from ubuntu repositories but dosemu-freedos_0.0.b9r5a-3_i386.deb from packages.debian.org).

The problem is that I downloaded the FreeDOS shell and Arachne (.exe files) and moved them into what I think is the virtual c: drive : home/stegozor/.dosemu/drives/c is a link that points to /home/stegozor/dosemu/dosemu/freedos, so I put the files there. Unfortunately, a little ls from gnome terminal shows them, but not a dir from the DOS prompt. I see exactly the same files in both cases, except the two files I've moved there that the DOS prompt doesn't show (even with a dir /a ). If I try to launch them, I get a "Bad command or filename".

What's wrong? Any help would be more than welcome. TIA.

--
http://www.dogmazic.net/index.php?op=edito&choice_user_language=english
: It's not only thousands of free ogg's and mp3's to download, it's an

-