Re: Faster startup of DOSEMU

Brian Hancock wrote:

I have been executing a DOS program in DOSEMU  using -I 'keystroke xxxx' to
call the program. using the
 dosemu.bin -D-a -I 'keystroke "program.exe params\rexitemu\r"' >my.log
2>&1;

I have been trying to improve the performance of this as the results are
being delivered back over the web and I want a fast response.
[...]

The best way may be to use "unix -e" at the end of your autoexec.bat,
and use a DOS command, like
dosemu -dumb "foo.exe input.txt"
(or
dosemu.bin -I'video{none}' "foo.exe input.txt"
) Now input.txt is on the DOS command line, so any < you put in the
quotes will use DOS command redirection. Sometimes this is impossible
though, if the DOS program really expects to see keystrokes.

dosemu.bin -D-a <response.file >myerrors.log 2>&1

I think input redirection is broken in released versions and you would
need to try out the Subversion version. The documentation about these
things was also improved somewhat (in Chapter 12 of README.txt).

Bart
-