Re: cannot map temp file pool

Hello.

It would be a pity if dosemu would die, either by the present
conflict among the developers
You probably meant a past conflict. It is long-time
over with an apparent consequences. What is still
missing is only an "official" anouncement about these
consequences to help people (including distributors)
make their minds straight. We all can see the development
stopped, but it will help a lot if this is said explicitly
or refuted, so that people can think what to do next.

or by neglect by the major distributions.
That tradition comes from an older times when dosemu used
to urge the users to run it as root, when the dosemu.org's
page had a jokes about RedHat (calling it "Colored Cap") etc.
And now the non-portable software doesn't rate by distributors
at all.

There are many legacy DOS programs out there which
are still actively used.
Have you evaluated dosbox? I did - works for games, doesn't
work for work (lacks serial port emulation which I need).

-