quattro pro/dos stopped working

Recently for no apparent reason, Quattro Pro for dos do longer works.  I get
some errors on execution.  The program q.exe exists.  I am running Suse 9.3
with dosemu v1.2.2  I do not use this a lot, only to access accounting
records more than a few years old, so I do not know what caused it.  A
glimpse is that when quattro pro/dos starts, it displays a graphical logo.
It may have something regarding switching to the graphics mode, as the logo
is not shown at all.
tia,

--
John R. Sowden