Release memory and execute another program

I have a program which I have used in past, and which I wrote,
which loads and executes other programs, after hooking interrupts
of choice. When I recently had a problem with trying to format
under FreeDOS, I found that this program does not work under
FreeDOS. It reports that there is insufficient memory. Perhaps
the free memory call doesn't work. Anyway, I'd like to pursue
this a little bit more, if possible. Who is there who would be
interested in trying to track down what the incompatibility is?

Also, I tried a different program which is part of Ralph Brown's
package, and which completely locked up. It does direct writes
to the memory area for the interrupt vectors. Is this not supported?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.
-