module issues

Hello all,

    About a yer or so ago, I upgraded one of my Debian servers to Bullseye, and it killed the 10G NIC on the server due to issues with the device driver in the Debian repository.  I jumped through all sorts of loops and hoops to try to get it working, but I finally had to give up and resort to using the 1G interface. Recently, I tried upgrading another server to the new Debian Bookworm, and it worked for that server, so apparently the issue has been fixed in Bookworm.

    With that in mind, I went ahead and upgraded the original server to Bookworm, but the NIC remains dead.  Unfortunately, I cannot find ny notes on what I did originally to try to get the 10G interface working and to shut it down in favor of a built-in port.  I do recall I tried compiling what was supposed to be the correct firmware driver and also changing the udev rules, but I do not recall the exact details.  I have tried several things, including re-installing the firmware, but nothing seems to work. The Ethernet interface does not appear on the system in order to be able to specify it in /etc/network/interfaces.  What can I do in order to try to get the 10G card working?

    The card is an Asus MCB-10G_PEB-10G NIC and uses the bnx2x.ko driver. The system uses an Asus AMD-64 motherboard.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]