Re: kallmodsyms: just checking my expectations...

On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 17:49:50 +0100
Nick Alcock <nick.alcock@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just syncing up briefly after LPC: thanks ever so much for your
> attendance and amazingly helpful comments, the session worked because
> you were there :)
>

> So, I'm planning for the next version of the kallmodsyms patch series to
> have objfile disambiguation via {...} for otherwise-ambiguous symbols in
> the core kernel, but not yet in modules (because that's considerably
> trickier and can be incrementally added to a working kallmodsyms). I'll
> redo the cover letter to emphasise its role as a way to disambiguate all
> symbols from each other.
>
> ... was there anything else? I can't recall anything else myself and my
> notes don't mention anything, but I could be wrong and I'd rather not
> waste your time with a patch posting that is doing the wrong thing.

Best just post the patch. My mind is lost for what was discussed ;-)

-- Steve

[Index of Archives]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]