Re: [RESEND] Regression using module-init-tools on Kernel v3.12.y

> > Still, does the attached patch makes sense to apply to git GIT repo?
> > It modifies elfops to support old and new format of the table name.
>
> I don't think so... even more because I don't agree with "there is
> quite some userbase of module-init-tools out there" particularly
> because all major distros in newer versions changed to kmod (and for
> the majority of them this happened back in 2012).

True if you compare just number of users of libkmod against number
of users of module-init-tools.  However, in absolute terms
this may still be huge number not using libkmod already.

The main intention was to have this applied in order to avoid work for
others -- and to get rich and famous.

> So... you could either convince Jon Masters to apply your patch or
> send the patch to the distro in question.

That was the main intention of the initial email :).  And (2): I *am*
the distro ;).

 /Holger