Re: kmod issue: modules.order isn't read when solving a modalias

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:11 AM, Thierry Vignaud
<thierry.vignaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 28 September 2012 19:40, Lucas De Marchi
> <lucas.demarchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Sorry, I couldn't really test this. Did the patch I sent solve the issue?
>
> no, depmod doesn't work anymore. It display the following and then remains
> stuck on a futex:
> *** glibc detected *** depmod: malloc(): memory corruption:
> 0x00000000016e7db0 ***

argh... sorry, my bad. The attached patch should fix this crash.

>> Your modules.order seems to have been tweaked afterwards because it
>> contains the compressed module names.
>
> I send you the one included in our installer where we now alter it.
> Here's the files from our regular kernel.

Later on I realized I can't really reproduce your case without the
modules. Module names involved are not sufficient

Lucas De Marchi

[Index of Archives]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]