Re: Kmod-4 installation of tools

Hi Matt,

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Matt Burgess
<matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A plain 'make install' of kmod-4 results in kmod's headers, library and
> man pages being installed, but not the actual tools.  This appears to be
> because the tools are defined in noinst_SCRIPTS in the Makefile.
>
> Could I kindly request that the man pages be installed iff the tools are
> installed.  With the way things are at the moment, it's easier than it
> should be, IMO, to end up with kmod's man pages and module-init-tools'
> binaries.

First of all, tools are installed by default: there's only one tool
named 'kmod' and packagers are supposed to make the symlinks with old
names. Aren't you getting a 'kmod' binary?

You mean you are passing --disable-tools and it still installs the man
pages, right? Could you provide a patch to disable man page
installation in this case?

Thanks
Lucas De Marchi