Re: Queued cleanups

Jon Masters wrote:
On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 12:31 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:

*). A crash caused by the VMWare modules due to bad modules.
*). A few other abrt related crashes to mostly the above.

These are due to the previously discovered problem with recently deleted
modules that was fixed in the previous release. My "dev" branch
currently has a few things building up. I pushed some doc fixes earlier
and have some more stuff pending to push later today. Out of interest,
where do you stand on the softdep stuff at the moment? I would like to
find some time to poke this week.

Jon.

I've completed it now, although it turns out I mis-remembered what the cleanup was actually for. It doesn't reduce complexity much; what it does is remove the remaining memory leaks.

It actually ends with more lines of code. Much of the extra code is in read_aliases(). For the plain-text modules.alias file, it's not ideal to re-use parse_config_file() and then worry about non-alias lines. So I added a separate parser for modules.alias.

You don't necessarily need to take "softdep-merge" as-is. I did the merge because my leak fixes were split between "cleanups" and "softdep-cleanups". I had to merge them in order to test that I had actually eliminated all of the leaks. But if you do use "softdep-merge", you won't have to deal with the conflicts yourself :).

Regards
Alan