Re: Queued cleanups

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 17:11 +0000, Alan Jenkins wrote:

> Thanks for pulling the forkbomb-prevention work.  Here's a re-post of
> the memory leak patches.

Cool. Note that there are now several branches in my tree (or will be
when I push the latest stuff if not already on master):

* master - the head of the tree
* dev - development bits
* topic branches - new features have a topic

Please post against master as ususal. I finally learned more of the
useful workflow around git and now have all of your trees as remotes.
It's amazing how much I should have invested in figuring out git ;)

FWIW. I am currently looking at:

*). Some whitelist patches proposed via Fedora.
*). A regression due to incorrect blocking behavior.
*). A crash caused by the VMWare modules due to bad modules.
*). A few other abrt related crashes to mostly the above.
*). A problem with full filesystems.

I expect to have most of these finished this week too.

> Next on my list was a prototype I started to make Andreas' softdep code
> a bit simpler.  It reads all the config file data into memory at the
> start, instead of re-parsing it for each module.  (I think it freed it
> all afterwards, but it could save the effort and just leave the pointers
> around so it doesn't look like a leak to valgrind).  The idea was to
> avoid having to pass all the filenames to insmod() (which was needed in
> case it called do_softdep()).

Good. I'm really keen to give m-i-t a lot of love this year. So I will
try again with "friday" releases as I mentioned, and fix the new wiki so
we have a list of known things we're working on. Do you have these
softdep bits in a topic branch or somewhere I can look at?

Jon.